1. Keep within your budget. Ask the manager about how often they raise their rates before you rent self-storage units in Denver. This will allow you to include it in your budget. If you feel the price quoted is fair, contact the manager to get the details in full article.
2. Rents due. Ask your manager when your rent is due. Talk to the manager about your options for paying your rent. Some self-storage facilities allow you to pay rent online or prepare your rent months in advance. You can pick a time that suits you and stay with it.
3. Self storage facilities don’t cause storms. You can store your belongings at the self-storage facility in Denver immediately after a storm. You can save money by having your belongings checked after a storm.
4. Access. How often you will use your self-storage facility. This will determine the size of your self-storage unit. If you intend to have frequent access to your self-storage unit, renting a unit one size larger than what your manager recommends may be a smart move. You will need more space to be able use your facility without restrictions. If you don’t plan to use your self-storage unit often, the recommended size unit will suffice. If you are familiar with the best ways to organize storage units, renting a smaller self storage unit might be an option. It’s a smart idea to place the things you use most frequently in the front of your self-storage unit. Although smaller storage units may be more difficult for you to move, renting one can help you save money each month.
5. Hidden fees. Some self-storage facilities require a deposit. If you decide to move out, the deposit will be refunded provided that the facility is left in its original condition. Check with the manager of your self storage facility to determine the cost of the deposit before you sign the lease. You can also inquire about hidden fees if there are.
6. Are you in need of a moving van or truck? If you do not have the funds to rent your own truck, it is possible to ask a manager to provide a rental truck. It is worth asking the manager about any fees or benefits for renting your truck from self-storage.
7. Insurance. Insurance.
8. Pack smart. When packing self storage units, make sure you have valuable items.
9. Lock down. Ask your manager at self-storage facility about security features that are available to customers. Ask your manager for details about the security features available to customers.
10. Take a tour of the self-storage facility in Denver. Denver self storage facility. Take a tour and visit the facility. Ask the manager of your self-storage facility if they are available 24/7 to look after your belongings.